Improve the health Coloradans living on the western slope by investing in existing community assets and by acting as a catalyst for new approaches.
Every group we touch, people get healthier.
- We believe health refers to the total well-being of individuals, families, and communities and goes well beyond just the health care system.
- We support integrated care and promote collaboration between citizens, health care providers, public and private organizations and entire communities.
- We value the history and autonomy of local communities.
- We seek to understand the needs of the underserved, voiceless and marginalized.
- We identify and break down the barriers to healthy living.
- We base our decisions on good data and strong evidence, and are willing to take risks to promote learning, innovation and action throughout the western slope of Colorado.
- We focus upstream on prevention and early intervention wherever we can.
- We commit to continuously evaluate and improve our work.
Our initial focus area includes the 22 counties defined in the traditional maps of Colorado’s western slope.
ROCKY MOUNTAIN HEALTH FOUNDATION
The new Rocky Mountain Health Foundation (RMHF) is owned by the community – its proceeds go back to the community. From the decades of good work and meaningful relationships built by Rocky Mountain Health Plans, the new Foundation is dedicated to caring that history forward.
RMHF serves 22 counties on the Western Slope with representation on the board from counties throughout these geographical areas. The board is sensitive to the needs of rural populations knowing rural communities must work harder and collaboratively to get problems solved. Because of this need, the Foundation seeks to partner with other grant givers in the state to pool resources. From these partnerships, everyone can make a greater impact on solving problems in the way each community wishes to solve them. We want to be a catalyst to help and support communities that are rolling up their sleeves.
Rocky Mountain Health Foundation will partner with people who want to get something done. It’s not exclusively about money; it’s about community commitment to tackle and solve important issues.