1. Learn about Rocky Mountain Health Foundation
Explore our grantmaking pages to determine if your organization or program is eligible for grant funding by reviewing our eligibility requirements, areas of interest, and past grants.
2. Connect with the Rocky Mountain Health Foundation staff
Prior to submitting a grant request, you must schedule a phone call with RMHF staff. We have found this to be a great way to learn more about each other, make sure you are the best fit for our current funding priorities, and answer any questions you may have. You can easily set up the 30-minute phone call appointment by clicking on the link below according to the county in which your organization is located.
For Grand, Jackson, Mesa, Moffat, Rio Blanco, or Routt counties:
Stephanie Self, Grants Manager, (970) 697-1023
For all other counties on the Western Slope:
Julie Hinkson, Program Officer, (970) 697-1038
Please call the number for your contact at the time of your meeting. You will find it helpful to review the grantmaking section of our website and download the application template to familiarize yourself with our guidelines before our phone call.
3. Submit a grant application through our online portal.
CLICK HERE to review the online application directions.
4. Hang tight during the evaluation process, which includes:
- Staff screening for eligibility
- Staff vetting for alignment, completeness, and clarity
- If necessary, staff seek additional information and ask clarifying questions
- Grant Committee evaluation and recommendation
- Board approval
5. Receive notification of award decision
Both awarded and declined applicants will be contacted first by phone, and then by a follow up letter. If you were declined, we are happy to provide honest feedback on why your proposal wasn’t funded, offer technical assistance, or provide resources when requested. Every application cycle is an opportunity for both of us to learn and grow.
The timeframe for an awarded application is approximately three months from the opening date of the funding cycle to the notification.