RMHF believes that approaches to health that focus on changing conditions and environments where people live, learn, work, pray, and play are likely to have the greatest impact. Our Foundation is interested in funding access to health and your organization’s response to addressing Social Determinants of Health around these philosophies:
- Health is broadly defined as physical, mental, and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease.
- Health is strongly impacted by social and economic conditions that characterize poor communities.
OUR PRIORITIES INCLUDE:
- Support the marginalized, the socially and economically disadvantaged.
- Provide resources for achieving and maintaining healthy, independent lives.
- Maintain, nurture and strengthen healthy minds and bodies.
- Offer opportunities for well-being and quality of life.
Our foundation is a responsive grantmaker. RMHF awards grants to Western Slope-based Colorado nonprofit organizations offering programs and services that align with our priorities:
Access to and Affordability of Social-Emotional-Behavioral Health
- Enhance coping and life skills
- Stress management
- Suicide prevention
- Psychiatric telehealth
- Animal-assisted therapies
- Substance abuse intervention, prevention, and treatment services
Access to & Affordability of Physical, Oral & Visual Health
- Securing insurance
- Case management
- Hospice/home health
- Preventative care services
- Pre-natal care
- Physical health care
- Physical telehealth
- Integrated health
- School-based clinics
- Rural clinics
- Caregiver respite
- Food access, nutrition
- Homeless emergency shelter
- Access to and affordable, safe housing
- Transportation access
- Immigrant support
- Sexual assault/domestic violence victim services
- Safe houses
- Equipment (safety, telehealth)
Search our funded projects to see the types of programs and projects we have supported in the past.