- Will your request align with the purpose of one of our funding initiatives?
- FOCUS AREA FUND:
• provide for basic needs such as food, housing, transportation, safety
• increase access to and affordability of physical, oral, visual, behavioral healthcare
- SIMPLE GIFTS FUND: increase access to and affordability of social and emotional health. For example: mentoring, camps, positive youth development, adaptive sports, legal aid, respite care, nutrition education, community gardens, peer support, early childhood development
- WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT FUND: expand the healthcare workforce by promoting and supporting women, people of color, and people in generational poverty who are seeking careers in health care fields
- FOCUS AREA FUND:
- Are you a 501(c)(3), a 509(a) or a governmental, tribal, school, or public entity? Or do you have a fiscal sponsor? A fiscal sponsor is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that provides fiduciary oversight, financial management and other grant administrative services. From the perspective of the IRS, a fiscal sponsor is held legally responsible for management of grant funds and the attendant requirements and obligations of the grant. Acceptable fiscal sponsor relationships:
- An operating organization has not yet secured its own 501(c)(3) status but has a formal relationship with a 501(c)(3) entity which acts as a fiscal sponsor to manage grant oversight functions, including financial operations and grant fund management.
- An operating organization is too small to support full administrative functions and has a formal relationship with a 501(c)(3) entity which acts as a fiscal sponsor to manage grant oversight functions, including financial operations and grant fund management.
- A cluster of eligible 501(c)(3) organizations work cooperatively on a project and select one of the members to manage grant oversight functions, including financial operations and grant fund management.
- Does your organization BOTH deliver services and have staff residing primarily within the 22 Western Slope counties?
If you answered “no” to any of these questions, you are most-likely NOT eligible to apply. Please call Julie Hinkson, Sr Resource & Relationship Partner at (970)644-8188 to further discuss your fit.
What we don’t fund
• Capital construction or endowment campaigns
• Debt reduction or loans
• Educational institutions, except for programs that align with our mission
• Environmental stewardship programs
• Marketing plans and materials
• Policy, advocacy, or research
• Political causes, candidates, organizations, or campaigns
• Religious organizations for religious purposes
• Special events
• Sponsorships for events, conferences, speakers
• Travel, conferences, group meetings, or seminars
• Organizations or projects that unlawfully discriminate with regard to employees, volunteers, delivery of services, or clients served based on age, sex, religion/creed, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or genetic information